Thursday, February 18, 2016

ROOM

http://bit.ly/TheRoom_15Bray
REVIEWED
This is a beautiful touching movie based on a book. Brie Larson won many awards for her role as Ma/Joy and possibly the Academy awards also (next month) which I have to differ. To me the real star of the movie is the son Jack (played by Jack Tremblay) for his bravery and intuitive to progress in life. Thou only 5 years old in the movie (10 years in real life), without him movie/real life , there would not be a story. Or the story will not be as effective as it would be. He should win awards.

Ok back to why Brie Larson should not win awards ahead of Cate Blachett or even A Vikander and others, her role is not strong enough, fullstop. She did her acting part as best as she can which is good acting.But its not Oscar material for me. But I havent seen Blanchett or Vikander's film yet. But I am sure their roles (both as lesbians !) would be powerful than Brie in Room.

Back to the movie. Lucky for both of them they have a very supporting GrandMa (Joan Allen) and unfortunately bad divorced Grandpa (Will H Macey). Nevertheless, salute to Grandma's boyfriend Leo for being there for them to get back to the real world.

Now what 1 thing I think could have make the difference when they are in the room ?
Those keypad autolocks have a certain sound for each keypad. I dont think old Nick change them often. So thorough the years Joy could have memorized and tried her way out. But she would not.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching this. Just wanted something different from DeadPool which I glad I saw this. Movie stood on excellent acting and intriguing story line.

1 comment: