Monday, April 4, 2016

ALLEGIANT - cinema

REVIEWED
Got the chance to see this movie at a good theater of GSC in Tropicana City Mall yesterday with my son Adam. Why so ?

Well I manage to get 2 tickets free show from a relative and so there we were spending it for this movie. It could have Kung fu Panda 3 but then I had seen it, pity to my son for not seeing it, I decided to watch this one instead. I expected we could be both not enjoying it at all. But surprise, surprise.. it did not and it got even a thumbs up for my smiley. Even my son enjoyed it and he had no clue what this was all about as it is the 3rd segment of the Divergent series.

The plus point for this movie on this outing is that we saw it at a good theater GSC, the sound is first class when compared to TGV movies and superior tol MBO movies. The minus point to counter that was that I was wearing a below perfect vision spectacles due to my eye infection. So this should balance out each other to give a fair opinion of the movie, for me  :)

I know the movie reviews on it is not too promising. But who cares as they had been proven wrong from time to time. We are the one to enjoy not they. If they did not and we did, thats too bad. Same when its the other way round, we see movie based on their good opinion and we end up not enjoying. So whos to blame ?

Now let us get to the nitty grities of this movie.
I am not a craxy fan of the Divergent. Happened to saw them on download movies (thank god the good version ones). The previous one has Kate Winslet as the bad ass administrator and for this one you have Jeff Daniels as the bad ass Director. A different looking Niomi Watts was also in this one.

The able acting heroine Shailene Woodley was as always head the cast. Previous comments on her on this movie series that she tend to overact as thou to win an oscar (which she could but not in this movie series). Fortunately this one she did not which is good. If not, she would felt akward when compared to the rest of the cast.BTW, there was a scene where she was stripped naked bathing to clean off toxic gasses and sediments.

This movie is in the genre of Young adult film like The Hunger Games and Maze Runner and many more. What I like it better than the others even its predecesors, it has the techno part right and no overdressing or overacting like the yucky Hunger Games. The special effect is also good and the plot interesting. The pacing is all right and even through out the movie. You wont hear complaints that the film brought us to sleep in the first part but was ok in the 2nd part. The action was great too. So what is there to complain ?

The Whiplash/Fant4tic guy Miles Teller is in here and very effective.

For sure there will be the 4th instalment coming and JD remain alive and ready to avenge another day. 

So thats one good unexpected cinema movie that I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment