Thursday, April 28, 2016

ZOOTOPIA



REVIEWED
Saw this movie right after Gods Of Egypt at MBO, Brem Mall. Just a gap of 10mins enough for me to decide whether to see this (if I still got movie stamina). This one was at Theater No 9 while GOE at Theater 7. It was really a treat for me when watching GOE as I was the only one in the cinema. For Zootopia, I shared the movie with a family sitting 1 row in front of me. All 2 adults and their 4 small kids.
Thank you to MBO for treating 2 free movies every year for her member's birthday month. Of course the movie must be with a star (*) i.e when the movie is already "old" or about 2 weeks old. Thats OK for me.

I remember commenting that MBO cinemas audio is not good when watching London has Fallen. Well it seem that, Theater 5 (LHF) which we saw might have a sound defect or the technician forgot to turn on the bass ! As for both movies today, it was good (not very good). The visual of Zootopia was excellent as it was cartoon.

OK back to the movie Zootopia..
This movie has a "Buy on BlueRay" rating from Youtube movie critique Jermy Jahn Thats the highest of his rating whilst GOE got his "Dogshit", the worst one.

As for me my smiley - it could have been better. But nearly got the thumbs up.

What I like is about the diversfying animals and characters in this movie. Unlike we homosapien, its hard to diversify who we are as after all we are all human. The only diversification is the color of the skin or fat and thin and thats about it. But in Zootopia the diversification is immense every animal has its characterisitics and the creator had succesfully nailed it. And thats what make it interesting.

The story evolve on Judy Hoops a bunny female who became the first bunny cop. She befriended a Fox who was a swindler. It was this 2 who tried to solve a case which noone ever thought they could. The interesting part is through out this quest they met with other animals.

The main segregation of the animals is who are the predators (tiger, lion, fox, crocodile etc etc) and the preys (bunny, hen, giraffe etc etc).. So the story is about the problem of trust that started to develop between this two types due to some sabotage.

This movie is cute with very nice cartoons and even camera taking. Although it has a good plot maybe its not big enough to be carried as a movie. Maybe thats just me. Then I discovered why, as the movie was initially intended to emphasize on Fox rather than the bunny. But due to differing test audience response they redraw and made the bunny as main and Fox secondary. I am glad that they took this decision. Nevertheless, that made the movie kind of no fixed direction. If the story without the Fox (even as Secondary) and they make Judy Hoops the main character, though this is difficult, the movie would be better. No matter, Fox (Nick Wilde) is an interesting guy too but when he is with Judy, I think I lost the concentration on Judy. Its a children's movie, BTW. Who cares ! 

But that is OK only that it could have been better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment