Wednesday, March 2, 2016

LOOPER

http://bit.ly/Looper_12Br

REVIEWED
I have seen this movie long time ago in 2012 when it first came out. Cant remember was it at the cinema or home. Most probably the later as I remember the quality was not that good, must be DVR or something but not toilet video copy. Why watching this again ? Well the director Rian Johnson will be directing Star Wars 8, so just to see if he is qualified or can I enjoy watching this again.

This movie has Joseph G Levitt and Bruce Wilis acting as the young and the older one. JGL had to do a bit of make up to look like BW when he is older and it was a great  from the face job. And the mannerism is very good too. I think if I were the director I would ask BW to act the part where JGL would act in. So JGL just follow how BW did it. But since he is good that was no problem. Even the talking sound the same. Well done ! Anyway JGL is one of the producer so he could be the one to pick BW to act in this. Guess who am I gonna pick as my older self ?

Other notable actors are Emily Blunt and Jeff Daniels. The boy Sid was in Extant the TV series but a bit older then. 

So as expected I cant remember the movie. I know that its about time traveled where the older Joe (BW) traveled back in time to correct what could happen in the future. This concept of time traveling is much different than others. Its ok for them to touch and punch one another unlike "TimeCop" a slight touch could spell disaster.

The movie is Ok i guess not because I have seen it but because of the suspense element and why is it happening. Putting the future and the past and intermittent between them was nicely done. It wont have audience in confusion except the part when young Joe actually killed old Joe when the loop occurred the 2nd time. Still cannot comprehend that. But it had to be a Bruce Willis movie the massacre at the Loopers den was typical Bruce.

There is a morale of this story. A person will become what he or she was experiencing in the past. If that is changed for the better the future will be better too. At least that is what young Joe believe in. Pity to what happened in the end.

1 comment: