Wednesday, March 16, 2016

LONDON HAS FALLEN - cinema viewing 16th March 16


REVIEWED
So the day at the movies finally came and I went to see it with my wife. As always I was skeptical watching movies at this particular movie outlet. And I was not wrong as the venue was a disappointment. Although the screen is good, sharp, I cant say the same for the audio system. I told my wife, our own home made audio system is better. Never have I got annoyed in watching a movie not because the movie is shitty but the venue is, or merely the audio is the culprit. Poor bass and maybe treble on the higher side. Thou the sound is loud and clear, for conversation, I cant say that its good for the sound effects.

Now lets talk about the movie - London has fallen.
Many reviewers like this film even JJ and CS said so. But still they said it cant beat its predecessor Olympus has fallen which I agree. Perhaps letting a US president let loose with his bodyguard in a deserted city of London is too big a task to take to entertain.

The special effects was a let down in the required places. I thought this will be the film strength when watching its trailer but its not. Some bombs scene was not real. The helicopter escaped too was cartoonish. Even the ripples and waves of  London river was below average to me. Film like "2012" or the recent "San Andreas" did this better even on a grander scale. Thou this was only some briefs moment, they still failed starkly.

This is another film of US supremacy against the terrorist. In the end we can predict who won and what it took to win. The Brits did play their part adequately to help the US. MI6 was in this in the form of a female Agent (sorry no Mr Bond here). And the SAS did help Mike Manning to save the president.

Lots of explosions and fire power. How I wish the sound was better !!! as it only hurts the ears.

But at the end of the movie when everything finally subside and you salute the hero who is Mike Manning aka Gerard Butler, you realized that that guy is actually a British disguising as an Agent in the Secret Service body guarding the President of the US. Ooops sorry that is real life this is actually a movie after all. 

Giving it the rating above and I am trying to count out in the physical disappointment of the cinema.
 
Found a suitable date to watch this movie at the cinema which is Wednesday 160316 night show MBO Brem Mall.Tickets to be booked. Reviews will follow soon afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment